In Canada, a student visa is known as a study permit. International students must receive a study permit for more than six months in Canada to study in Canada.
When you decide to study abroad, we believe preparation is crucial. Hence, we recommend students apply for their study permit 4 to 6 months before their orientation class.
To apply, we ask for the following documents:
- A valid passport with a validity date of 6 months after your intended course completion date
- Academic transcripts from College or University, or Secondary and Higher Secondary marksheets (as per the student’s case)
- Standardized test scores (IELTS/TOEFL/GRE/GMAT)
- An unconditional acceptance letter from the University/ College
- Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) (if applied for Quebec)
- A financial statement supporting the eligibility of the applicant to pay living costs and tuition fees
- A medical report issued by an approved physician
- Statement of purpose and letters of recommendation
With these and maybe other required and relevant documents, we submit the visa application forms and do the visa process.
Usually, it takes six weeks for the processing of a Canada study permit. However, that time has been reduced to 45 days, especially for the students from Indian, China, Vietnam, and the Philippines, with the launch of Student Direct Stream (SDS) by the Canadian High Commission.